We the undersigned, members of the NEW American Revolution are more than Democrats, Republicans and Independents, we are Americans. American voters to be precise and we demand an end to the dysfunction in our government.
1. The creation of a “Penny for your Debts Tax”, a .01 tax on every $1.00 of stock, bond or derivative traded and any other financial speculation to go directly towards our National debt.
2. A budget that leaves Social Security changes of any kind “off the table” until the Social Security fund has been paid in full, the $2.7 T it is owed by the United States of America.
3. Pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money.
4. Passage of a bill that addresses the immediate crisis facing America, the Jobs deficit.
5. Passage of common sense gun control legislation that is supported by the “People” and NOT the gun lobby (NRA or groups like it).
6. Repeal the 2006 Postal Accountability Enhancement Act (PAEA) which mandates that the US Postal Service fully fund the health benefits of future retirees.
7. Pass Fair and Humane Immigration Reform with a clear pathway to citizenship.
8. Reduce carbon pollution by 17 percent below 2005 levels by 2020.
9. Reduce ‘short-lived climate pollutants’ by including a phase out of hydro-fluorocarbons in the Montreal Protocol.
10. Limit the production of dirty tar sands oil by rejecting the Keystone XL pipeline.
11. Establish federal policies that increase demand for clean electricity
12. Reform the tax code to favor clean, renewable energy and end Big Oil tax breaks and subsidies.
13. Establish a heavy tax on carbon emissions and major regulation of coal, oil and gas companies including holding them fully responsible and financially accountable for accidents without litigation.
14. Establish science-based policies that enhance and enforce the Clean Water Act of 1972 in order to protect important streams and wetlands.
15. Remove the 60 vote threshold that is needed to stop a filibuster in the United States Senate, which has been an obstruction of our democracy.
16. Put a permanent end to “Too Big To Fail” and “Too Big To Jail” banking policies and re-authorize Glass/Steagall.